Saturday 23 August 2014

The guilt-free crisps

Kale. Seems like the ingredient of the time, right? Now, I may have dismissed it a a bit of a fad, but after reading that kale contains more nutrients than any other food, I decided to give it a go and now I am OBSESSED!

I love to kale into a gorgeous rainbow salad, but my current favourite way to serve it is to roast it in the oven to create some crispy and crunchy kale crisps. They are incredibly easy to make and definitely satisfy some salty cravings every now and then. They make a yummy snack to have with some homemade houmous too!

Ingredients-
  • Kale (however much you want to make!)
  • A sprinkling of pink salt
  • Tablespoon olive oil
  • The topping of your choice (today I went with cayenne pepper, but I love cinnamon, pepper or coriander)
The Making

  1. Wash your kale. Then pull the leaves away from the hard woody stems and lay flat on a baking tray. Make sure you have pre-heated your oven to 190C and have lined your baking tray.
 

Doesn't look so appetising before it goes in, but trust me-it tastes delish!
2. Top your kale with your olive oil, salt and chosen topping. Make sure that every leaf is coated well.
3. Put your kale into the oven for around 8 minutes. You want it to be darker in colour and crispy, but NOT brown or black in colour!

I have also seen an interesting recipe which involved blending sun-dried tomatoes to make a tasty topping, I definitely want to give that a go next time I have some tomatoes in my fridge!
As always, let me know if you have any ideas or suggestions for other kale crisp toppings or flavours!

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment